IceCap 50 PRO Hang On Back Algae Turf Scrubber
Fight Algae with Algae in the convenience of your sump
IceCap PRO Hang On Back (HOB) Turf Scrubbers use algae as a natural water filter to remove nitrate, phosphate, and other pollutants from your aquarium water. Rather than having algae grow uncontrolled inside your display tank, an algae scrubber allows you to grow algae in a controlled setting where it can be easily removed—thereby removing contaminants from your tank in the process. This all-natural form of water filtration can reduce and even eliminate the need for water changes. Best of all, the scrubber hangs right on the back of the aquarium, no sump or plumbing is required! Plug-and-play even comes with its own IceCap EVO feed pump.
Hang-On Back 50 PRO Specifications
Dimensions (LxWxH): 11.3 x 5.3 x6.7in
Screen Size: 7.4 x 3.5in
LED Wattage: 6w / DC24V
Feed Pump: EVO-400 (6w)
Fits Tank Rims: 1/4-1 3/8in
Max Flowrate: 105gph
Aquariums up to: 80gal
How It Works
IceCap HOB Turf Scrubber is designed to be placed directly rim of the aquarium with the included EVO 400 pump placed within the aquarium. The water going into the scrubber is trickled down onto a screen that is illuminated on both sides by a powerful field of LED lights. As algae begin to grow on the screen, it “scrubs” the aquarium water of excess nutrients, resulting in fewer algae growing inside the actual display tank. Once the screen is covered in algae, it can be “harvested” by removing a sizable portion, thereby removing the contaminants from the system.
How to Harvest Algae
Remove the top and loosen the quick-release union on the side. Lift the pipe and algae screen out and run them underwater in the sink. Use a credit card or similar scraper to remove the buildup. Be careful not to remove all of the algae from the screen as this will slow growth when placed back into the system. Leave some algae behind to seed the next batch so that it can grow faster. Under normal circumstances, expect to harvest algae every 1-3 weeks.
When to Run Your Scrubber
Many hobbyists prefer to run their algae scrubbers on a reverse daylight schedule to help stabilize the pH in their aquarium water. This can be accomplished by plugging the LED lights into a timer or aquarium controller and programming it for a 12-hour daily photoperiod that runs opposite of the daylight schedule of the display tank lighting.
CoralVue, Inc. and IceCap hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 Year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.