Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter Start XLM
$13.99 – $110.99
Professional 15x strength powerful live tank starter nitrifying bioculture, with much fewer temperature and shelf life restrictions than competing products, for rapidly cycling new marine fish and reef aquaria and brackish aquariums, and for recovering from overcrowding or disasters where the bacteria bed has been damaged or when adding new fish. It is also quite useful after re-arranging decorations or performing major maintenance, such as cleaning substrates or biological media to “recharge” the nitrifying bacteria population.
- Super concentrated 15X Suspension of LIVE non-pathogenic microbes, specifically formulated to extremely rapidly establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification in existing systems.
- Useful for rapidly re-establishing nitrification bacteria in case of an emergency
Particularly useful in aquaria with high population densities and when adding new fish
- Helpful to re-establish nitrifying bacteria after cleaning rocks and surfaces and after use of medications.
1. Rapid reduction of ammonia, and nitrite.
2. Prevents “New Tank Syndrome.”
- Supplied in a proprietary base which provides for maximum longevity
- Formulated utilizing extensive data compiled by microbiologists.
MicrōBacter Start XLM 15X creates a nitrifying biological filter in marine & brackish aquaria of all types and is particularly useful for new startups, resulting in cycling in about 7 days in most cases, if directions are followed, and no competeing bacteria or nothing toxic is added (please read this whole webpage.) It quickly removes toxic ammonia and nitrite naturally through non pathogenic nitrifying bacterial action. Even though this product is extremely potent, it may be overdosed at up to 5 times the rated dosage during aquarium emergencies. It should be your first choice to remove ammonia during emergencies where the filter has been inadvertently killed or when experiencing overcrowding.
MicrōBacter Start XLM 15X is a highly concentrated, selective complex of live, extremely effective microbes and enzymes that rapidly reduces the concentrations of organic nitrogen – i.e. ammonia, and nitrite in marine and brackish ecosystems, leading to greatly improved water quality and much faster cycling. Use of MicrōBacter Start XLM does not alleviate the requirement for regular partial water changes to help maintain proper concentrations of elements that are vital to long-term health and survival of aquarium inhabitants.